Trainer - Building and Civil
Principal/ Director Business Unit:
Arc Skills Kenya
The main purpose is to provide classroom and on-the-job training to employees from the vocational Industry in Kenya.
To contribute effectively to the successful learning experience of trainees through high quality teaching and a supportive approach that results in high levels of learner achievement. Our ideal candidate should have experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning. Experience with different projects, like management training and soft-skills development is also beneficial.
Master Trainer, Project Manager, other Functional Heads, Country CEO
Trainees, Vocational Training Centres
- Basic knowledge of Unit & measurement & arithmetic calculation.
- Knowledge of basic levelling devices such as water level, spirit level etc. and standard procedure for transferring level.
- Understanding of hand sketches and masonry drawings to compute dimensions, understand the position and orientation of sections for marking etc
- Check and measure the basic dimensions of the room/floor/walls like slope, right angle & surface plane as per drawing
- Appropriate techniques for pouring of concrete in the form of layers for concreting walls and its
- screeding to correct levels in case of P.C.C. flooring/ slab concreting.
- Understanding types of drawings Numeration/General arrangement, R.C.C detail drawing,
- Reinforcement drawing)
- Measurement and marking method for cutting and bending
- Types and use of PPEs required for reinforcement works
- Sequence for tying of rebar for in-situ and pre-fabricated cages for footing, column, wall, beam
- and slab
- Hand tools for cutting and bending rebar manually as well as power tools
- Different hand tools for reinforcement steel works as well as power tools
- Basic maintenance of hand and power tools
Plastering, Tiling and Painting:
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd
- spaces using power and hand tools
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as
- screeds, brushes and trowels
- Understanding how to cut, install, polish surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during
- the installation process for lasting results
- Know how to prepare painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
- Undergo Train the Trainer program as and when conducted, and get certified
- Plan logistics for conducting classroom and On-the-Job training, including printing of workbooks,
- arranging for classroom, site for training, projector, etc.
- Facilitate mobilization and registration of trainees for training in respective sectors
- Maintain accurate records of work, learner attendance, progress and assessment in line with
- agreed procedures and produce reports when required.
- Training/Teaching the Vocational Skills/Modules to trainees as per pre-designed curriculum/SOP.
- Taking trainees through rigorous Certification Process
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job
- training, professional development classes, etc).
- Create training content as and when required
- Development of knowledge and skills of trainees for employability
- Responsible for Intellectual Property Right (IPR) of the training content and should not be found
- sharing or using it at any other place outside the Company training programs
- Compile training reports as prescribed and report as per reporting matrix
- Get reviewed for training performance
- Should conduct his/herself in an ethical and moral manner at all times during the course of
- employment with the Company
- Ensure training of youth is as per prescribed standards by conducting audits, with control on
- defined levels of drop-outs, pass percentages and certifications
- Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment if applicable