Trainer - Hospitality
Principal/ Director Business Unit:
Arc Skills Kenya
The main purpose is to provide classroom and on-the-job training to employees from the vocational Industry in Kenya.
To contribute effectively to the successful learning experience of trainees through high quality teaching and a supportive approach that results in high levels of learner achievement. Our ideal candidate should have experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning. Experience with different projects, like management training and soft-skills development is also beneficial.
Internal & External Interactions
Master Trainer, Project Manager, other Functional Heads, Country CEO
Trainees, Vocational Training Centres
To deliver accredited training service, understanding of the following points is essential in hotels, bars and restaurants:
Food and Beverage Steward:
- Understanding the importance of outstanding food and beverage service
- Know the service standard; Serving Tea and Coffee to guests
- Hygienic handling of cutlery, crockery, glassware-and Trays
- Practice of service communication skills, customer relation management, Social ethics, grooming & hygienic habits.
- Rules to be observed while waiting at the table/ Sequence of services
- Tips for cleaning and wiping Glassware, Cutlery and Silverware in a restaurant, bar or the hotel in general
- Carpet and floor cleaning equipment used in hotels
- Identify workplace procedures for housekeeping
- Identify and follow specific requirements for housekeeping activities
- Follow the correct procedures to deal with any lost property or unattended items
- Make sure that the area has the right amount of supplies and consumables
- Check work areas to ensure required workplace standards are met
- Procedure of Preparation of different Guest Folios with Performa / Handling Guest arrivals
- Procedure of preparation of guest registration card & importance of the data in it
- Preventing common reservation problems
- Receiving, welcoming of guest and assigning rooms.
- Marketing and upselling techniques & procedures
- Preparation of procedure of handling guest departure
- How to block/allocate rooms for expected arrivals
- How to handle VIP and VVIP arrivals at hotels or walk in guests
- Undergo Train the Trainer program as and when conducted, and get certified
- Plan logistics for conducting classroom and On-the-Job training, including printing of workbooks, arranging for classroom, site for training, projector, etc.
- Facilitate mobilization and registration of trainees for training in respective sectors
- Maintain accurate records of work, learner attendance, progress and assessment in line with agreed procedures and produce reports when required.
- Training/Teaching the Vocational Skills/Modules to trainees as per pre-designed curriculum/SOP.
- Taking trainees through rigorous Certification Process
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc).
- Create training content as and when required
- Development of knowledge and skills of trainees for employability
- Responsible for Intellectual Property Right (IPR) of the training content and should not be found sharing or using it at any other place outside the Company training programs
- Compile training reports as prescribed and report as per reporting matrix
- Get reviewed for training performance
- Should conduct his/herself in an ethical and moral manner at all times during the course of employment with the Company
- Ensure training of youth is as per prescribed standards by conducting audits, with control on defined levels of drop-outs, pass percentages and certifications
- Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques • Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment if applicable
Qualifications / Knowledge
- Diploma in specified vocational industry is required
- He should be able to communicate in English and local language.
- He/she should have been working in the specified vocational industry for some time and have basic knowledge of industry.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanour and attitude; strong work ethic
- Full proficiency in English
- High energy, enthusiastic, motivational training style
- Excellent creative and conceptual thinking abilities
- Computer literate with in-depth knowledge of MS office, especially PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Should be able to impart above mentioned knowledge to the trainees through proper communication skills.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience as a trainer.
- Experienced in project planning, including logistics
- Experience monitoring and auditing performance post-training, and delivering training reports
May 31st 2019