United Bank of Africa (UBA) is a Pan African Bank with a presence in 18 countries across West, Central, and East Africa. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, UBA is one of the largest Banks in the financial services industry in Nigeria. With a client base of about 7million customers, the Bank has 400 Branches in Nigeria and a total of 750 branches across Africa. It has a strong employee base of 22000 employees spread across the organisation. Challenge service standards and achieve industry leadership in Customer Service in the financial services industry in Nigeria and indeed across the Group, (given its growing customer base and observed decline in revenue and Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), the Bank sought assistance to identify the service gaps, create and implement solutions to address them.
Arc Skills solution
- Conduct a diagnostic study of the contact center and identify all requirements to upgrade to best practice standards
- Diagnostic study of customer base, employees, processes, policies, and service standards at the selected pilot branches
- Articulate and pilot solutions to transform service delivery at the branches - Training needs identification, customer feedback mechanism, training of branch and front office staff, identification of customer profile challenges and the requirement for relationship management focus and improvement Value delivered.
- Developed and delivered a blueprint to upgrade the contact center to best practice standards
- Created new business models for the contact center that are proven and tested.
- Installed a strong customer service orientation at the branches
- Crafted a customer feedback mechanism to monitor customer service
- Delivered intense training to front office staff on customer interaction model and cross-selling methods.
- Established a performance measurement approach for front office
The outcome of the training was overwhelmingly positive. Through our training, in 3 months we:
- Enhanced service delivery
- Improved Customer Satisfaction Index
- Improved Sales and revenue generation at the Contact Centre
- Improved productivity of staff with direct impact on their Key Performance Indicators
The client was impressed with the proposed solutions and execution of the training. Their confidence in the results has lead to the further planned training of 3,295 key role holders across the Bank on customer service and a roll out of the Branch Transformation project across all branches.